There are four key phases of the sleep cycle, which is known to last anywhere from two to three hours and will repeat itself till the person wakes up, and therefore the mattresses are required to support the person throughout the night and through the various sleeping phases as well. When people tend to have peaceful sleep at night, then they have the peaceful minds and bodies in the daytime to be able to focus on the various things in their lives.
Go by Goldilocks:
Most of the users would be aware of the story of the three bears and the Goldilocks, where the little girl chooses to sleep on the right sleepjunkie mattress, which is neither too soft nor too hard. The key lesson that has to be learnt by the users by this tale is that the bodies would tend to sink into the cushion if the best mattress for side sleepers is too soft, especially for the side sleepers, since the surface of contact is minimal while sleeping sideways. Similarly, if it is too firm and hard, then it is more likely than not that it would render the undue pressure on the bodies without transforming to the shape thereby causing the unnecessary pains in the different parts of the bodies, especially in the joints, which could affect the normalcy of the sleep patterns and eventually cause discomfort in the daytime as well.
It is critical for the users to realize that they would have to make sure that they understand not just their sleeping positions and patterns, but also the right mattresses that would lend the proper support to their bodies in a perfect manner, which is required for them to sleep very well. This is possible when the best mattress for side sleepers is picked up for those who tend to sleep more on the side, than on their back or the stomachs. Since this type of sleeping position is also considered to be healthy, the following factors would have to be considered before picking up the right sleeping surface for the bodies in an effective manner.
- When the persons are sleeping on their sides, their beds or mattresses must adjust to supporting their weight according to the natural curvature of the bodies.
- The necks of the persons are separated from the body by the shoulder. Therefore, the necessary support in form of pillows is required.
- Apt thickness of pillows and firmness is required for peaceful sleep.
- Sleepers must be able to breathe well when sleeping sideways, which is ensured by slightly firm pillows that do not sink when head is laid upon them.
- Excessive pressure should never be levied on the bodies, while the mattresses must not sink in either.